UI / UX Engineer
Based in Leeds (HQ)
Salary: Dependant on experience
Working at Hark
At Hark, we’re at the forefront of IoT in retail, life sciences, smart building, smart cities, manufacturing and more. We have a cloud platform that connects to physical assets such as Building Management Systems, Energy Meters and Process Controllers and provides real-time insights for Energy Management, Control and other core functions. Our applications handle large amounts of data in real-time therefore must be fast, reliable and be easy to use for customers.
Hark is a thriving company run by a passionate team, striving to be thought and industry leaders. The team is focussed on delivering maximum impact in a supportive, fast paced environment, driving innovation and best practice in everything we do.
As a member of the team you will have:
Flexible working hours with the ability to work from home occasionally
Opportunity to travel to technology conferences with travel and accommodation covered by the business
The ability to take ownership, drive change, and grow our culture and company
Quarterly social activities and team building exercises such as escape rooms and paintballing
Choose whether you’d like to work on a MacBook Pro or a Surface Book with a 4K 28-inch screen
Enrolment in the company pension scheme
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented software engineer to become a key part of our team. Someone who is passionate about building cutting edge, scalable, resilient software, and is keen to stay up to date with industry news and trends. Supported by the team, you will be able to hit the ground running, writing tested, shippable code to a high standard.
What will you be doing?
Our sales process often involves delivering exciting demo, proof-of-concept applications or bespoke solutions for both our existing and potential customers. As part of the team you will be responsible for working with the customer and rest of the team to develop and maintain these applications and solutions.
These applications will showcase what we are capable of at Hark, whilst having an eye on writing software that can be easily scaled and maintained. You will also have the opportunity to take these solutions and bring them in to our core platform.
Our Technology Stack
- Microsoft Azure – from CosmosDB, EventHubs to IoT Edge and Apache Spark
- Node, TypeScript and React
- C# – .NET Core
- Python, R with Jupyter and Azure DataBricks
- Docker and Kubernetes – Operationalising our technology
How you will succeed
- Regular one-to-one progress reviews with your line manager
- Delivery of projects and tasks that meet the business or task requirements
- Projects are delivered on time with consistent communication
- Documents, reports and other files when produced are consistent, high quality and at the standard the team expect
- Customers providing positive feedback about Hark and service delivery satisfaction is considered excellent
How we work
- Azure DevOps for Kanban boards, Git repositories, build and release management
- Daily stand-ups and regular retrospectives
- Lunch-and-learn sessions, team hack days and business catch-ups
- Experience with React.js and the React.js ecosystem e.g, Redux, Styled-Components, React Router
- Experience writing semantic and accessible HTML & CSS with emphasis on cross-browser support and media queries
- A grounded understanding of CSS concepts such as OOCSS & BEM